We’ve been seeing a good number of questions about how much Traders Daily will cost.
But to be very honest, we have no intention of charging anything for it, near-term. Instead, we may need to run an ad or two, but that’s it. This is yours free at the moment.
We just want to hear from you.
How are you doing with trading ideas? What else would you like to see? Are you enjoying the content so far? That’s all we really ask.
While we don’t have a new trade for you this morning, we are watching two new opportunities. Should they pan out as hoped, we may look to issue them tomorrow morning, including Walgreens (WBA) and CVS (CVS). Both took a hit after Amazon announced it could enter the prescription drug market, hoping to improve on price transparency and costs.
We don’t think it’ll happen, though, because of the significant regulatory hurdles it’d have to jump. For one, such a move would not be cheap. And two, it could take years and billions of dollars to potentially make it happen. Even CVS CEO Larry Merlo has noted that the mail order pharmacy business has been on the decline in recent years.
While none of that is cooling investor fears with WBA and CVS, we believe that if we time our potential entry right, we could do well with both stocks. Stay tuned for that.
Shopify Inc. (SHOP) -- $96.90
SHOP November 17, 2017 105 calls -- $4.20
We recommended these trades just yesterday, as the stock opened down about $7 a share. By midday, the stock went green for a bit above $102 a share. It also sent these calls above $6, too. While it backed off as the day went on, we’re still holding.
Cypress Semiconductor (CY) -- $15.37
We recommended this trade just last week. It’s now up to $15.55 and gaining momentum.
Vale S.A. (VALE) stock – $9.80 entry
We mentioned this opportunity last Thursday, as a way to trade the cobalt and manganese shortage story with electric vehicle demand heating up. The stock is now up to $10.06 a share.
Sturm Ruger (RGR) stock -- $52.50
American Outdoor Brands (AOBC) stock -- $15.70
AOBC January 19, 2018 17 calls – 75 cents – exit half
RGR is now trading at $52.75. We’re still holding, looking for a bearish gap refill around $58 a share. AOBC is a hold, last trading at $15.70. We’re looking for a bearish gap refill at $17.
HRL January 19, 2018 32.50 calls – 95 cents
HRL December 15, 2017 30 calls -- $2.15
Shares of HRL are now up to $31.62. We are continuing to hold these trades.
Comcast (CMCSA) stock - $37.95
CMCSA October 2017 37.50 calls - $1.20
CMCSA is taking its time recovering, but it’s moving in our direction.
Carnival (CCL) -- $66.50
Carnival October 2017 67.50 calls -- $1.50 (exited half)
The stock last traded at $65.63. We’re watching this one closely. If need be, we’ll close out the second half of the October 2017 calls for a loss and hold the stock. We already exited half of the calls for a win of 67% in September 2017.
KR stock - $21.55 entry
KR January 2018 22.50 calls - $1.35 entry
We just opened this trade on Monday, August 28, 2017. It remains a hold for now.
NKE stock -- $53.50 entry
NKE October 2017 55 calls -- $1.35 entry
We issued a new trade on Nike (NKE) and on the NKE October 55 call. We may need to close out the calls for a loss, but will still hold the stock.
TrueCar (TRUE) stock -- $16.75 entry
TrueCar October 2017 16 calls -- $1.50 entry
TrueCar January 2018 16 calls -- $2.35 entry
On August 15, we recommended buying TRUE, as well as the October 16 calls and January 16 calls. The stock is moving in the right direction, last trading at $16.11.
Zillow Group (Z) -- $44.75 entry, exited half for win
Zillow Group (Z) November 2017 45 calls- $3.60 entry, exited half for win
While the stock continues to break lower, we continue to hold. We already exited half of the stock and the November 45 calls in early August 2017. We currently hold the second half of each position, as the stock begins to recover at oversold conditions.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) -- $13.30 entry
Unfortunately, the AMD September 13 calls did not work out as hoped. However, we continue to hold the stock at oversold conditions. It last traded at $13.31.
- Exited half of Zillow Group (Z) for 8% gain on August 8, 2017
- Exited half of Zillow Group (Z) November 45 calls for 44% gain on Aug 8, 2017
- Exited half of CELG October 2017 130 calls for 150% on August 31, 2017
- Exited second half of CELG October 130 calls for 143% on Sept 1, 2017
- Exited GOLD Sept 92.50 put and 95 put for a full loss
- Exited half of LOW September 2017 75 calls for 71% on Sept 7, 2017
- Exited VNDA stock for 8% on September 8, 2017
- Exited VNDA October 2017 16 calls for 35% on September 8, 2017
- Exited second half of LOW October 2017 75 call for 92% on Sept. 8, 2017
- Exited LOW stock for 4% on September 8, 2017
- Exited half of FEYE stock for 13% gain on September 12, 2017
- Exited half of FEYE Dec. 14 calls for 68% gain on September 12, 2017
- Exited half of FEYE Dec. 15 calls for 63% gain on September 12, 2017
- Exited half of CCL October 2017 67.50 calls for 67% on September 13, 2017
- Exited VIX October 2017 15 put for 18% on September 13, 2017
- Exited VIX October 2017 14 put for 17% on September 13, 2017
- Exited ZIV stock for 2% on September 13, 2017
- Exited SVXY stock for 9% on September 13, 2017
- Exited AMD September 2017 13 calls for a full loss, expired worthless
- Exited second half of FEYE stock for 16% gain on September 14, 2017
- Exited second half of FEYE Dec. 14 calls for 100% gain on September 14, 2017
- Exited second half of FEYE Dec. 15 calls for 89% gain on September 14, 2017
- Exited CRUS stock for a loss of 7% on September 22, 2017
- Exited CRUS October 2017 60 calls for a full loss on September 22, 2017
- Exited half of AJRD November 2017 30 calls for a gain of 200% on Sept 22, 2017
- Exited half of AJRD November 2017 30 calls for a gain of 168% on Sept 22, 2017
- Exited AJRD stock for a gain of 13% on September 22, 2017
- Exited half of AOBC January 2018 17 calls for a gain of 47% on Oct. 4, 2017
- Exited half of EXPE October 145 calls for 22% gain on October 6, 2017
Ian L. Cooper